The Lazy Expert -Oracle Policy Automation Public Cloud with Oracle Service Cloud Part 2
We are continuing our Lazy Expert series of posts, with an explanation of how OPA Public Cloud, and the rulebases deployed there, can be used within the Oracle Service Cloud application. In case you have missed out on our first port of this series, you can find it here. With the right Nudge, our Lazy Expert is not so lazy after all. If you are missing the original post about the lazy expert, here it is.
Part 1 looked at exploring, deploying and verifying the”RightNowSimple” rulebase to work with your Service Cloud Connection. The rulebase was launched directly using the Interview Session URL. In this post, we will be looking at embedding this Interview into the Consumer Portal of Service Cloud so that anonymous visitors to the portal can use this same interview in self-service mode. This is accomplished by publishing an “Answer”, with Interview Session URL embedded in an IFRAME, to the Consumer Portal.
- Steps in Part 1 are completed and the Service Cloud Connector is verified to be working as expected.
Publish the “Answer” to Service Cloud Portal for anonymous use
In our simple example, we are going to embed the interview from Oracle Policy Automation as a publicly accessible page in a mythical “portal” website. Customers will be able to browse the website without in any way identifying themselves – anonymously.
- Create a new “Public” Answer in Service Cloud as shown below.
- In the Answer Tab, Source Sub tab, specify the content using an IFRAME tag as shown below.
The IFRAME tag is of the format
<iframe height="580" src="https://server/path/web-determinations/startsession/RightNowSimple" width="100%"></iframe>
where the “server/path” should be replaced with the values appropriate for your Oracle Policy Automation Cloud environment.
- Save the Answer record. Make sure that the Answer you have created was using Source mode, otherwise your IFRAME will not display properly.
Verify the results in Oracle Service Cloud Consumer Portal
- Search / Navigate to the Answer record in the Consumer Portal, as an anonymous user using the keyword or text that you entered when creating the Answer above.
- View the details of this Answer and work with the Interview Session as normal. The result will be the same – the Contact is saved in your Service Cloud instance.
This post explains how the benefits of an OPA rulebase and the corresponding Interview experience can be made available for anonymous users using the Service Cloud Consumer Portal. Check this space when we will continue next with part 3 of this series that focuses on embedding such interview sessions into the Consumer Portal of Oracle Service Cloud for known contact users…